Version 1.0, effective as of July 17, 2023
JetBrains Expo B.V. (“JetBrains”) is a products and services provider based in the Netherlands (EU), so its activities are directly regulated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). JetBrains relies on certain third parties and affiliates, which may facilitate communication between JetBrains and customers, or otherwise help JetBrains with certain processes. Due to the nature of their engagement, these entities may have access to certain data shared by customers (including but not limited to some personal data) in relation to the KotlinConf Website or, in a broader sense, KotlinConf. Here is a more detailed overview of the third parties and JetBrains affiliates to which customer data can be made available. “Affiliates” are companies controlling, controlled by, or under common control with JetBrains Expo B.V. as listed here.
A. Third Parties and JetBrains Affiliates Engaged in the Provision of Products and Services (Sub-Processors)
If you use a service hosted by JetBrains or its Affiliates which relates to KotlinConf, or share certain personal data through a support request, JetBrains may process the data with the help of the following third-party providers and Affiliates. JetBrains considers these entities to be possible sub-processors of customers’ personal data in terms of the GDPR, and JetBrains maintains data processing agreements with them. This ensures adequate levels of data protection consistent with JetBrains’ obligations to its customers. JetBrains will inform customers about the changes of these sub-processors in accordance with the applicable data processing agreement.
A.1. Third-Party Hosting Providers
The following third parties are used as hosting sub-providers for the KotlinConf Website:
Product Name: Amazon CloudFront
Third-Party Provider: Amazon AWS
Data Center Location: This third-party service uses Global Edge Network and we use the option to save your data on the server which is as close to you as possible. Therefore, any servers or services that contain Personal Data, depending on your location, may be located outside the EU.
For communication with customers, JetBrains uses the following providers, which may also process certain customer data made available by customers as part of their communication:
Service: Support ticket system
Third-Party Provider: Zendesk, Inc. (U.S.)
Data Center Location: Germany (EU)
For the sale of the KotlinConf Products, JetBrains uses the following providers, which may also process certain customer data made available by customers as part of the purchase process:
Service: “pretix” ticket shop software
Third-Party Provider: rami.io GmbH
Data Center Location: Germany (EU)
A.2. Affiliates Engaged in JetBrains’ Services
When customers bring any request for services that includes personal data processing, JetBrains may engage its Affiliates in the provision of such a service and make the personal data available to them as necessary to provide the services.
B. Third Parties Supporting JetBrains Internal Processes (Other Recipients)
When JetBrains processes data for internal purposes as a data controller, other Affiliates may have access to the data as needed. Additionally, JetBrains uses additional providers that do not have access to customer content processed as part of JetBrains’ services, but that can receive certain personal data relating to, for example, individual customers, contact details of corporate customers’ employees or other representatives, users of products or services, visitors to KotlinConf Website or premises, or other individuals.
B.1. Essential Processors
These providers are engaged by JetBrains for the processing of data necessary for our products or services to work, for our communication with customers or users, or for further internal operations, and include, but are not limited to:
- Providers of hosting for JetBrains’ internal applications and email and file storage providers, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform;
- Providers of messaging services, such as Marketo;
- Providers of flight booking services, such as SpeakerTravel;
- Providers of ticket shop services, such as Pretix;
- Payment services providers, such as Adyen;
- Providers of billing, accounting, and taxation platforms, such as NetSuite, Avalara, or Taxamo;
- Anonymous analytics providers, such as Google (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google DoubleClick), Facebook (Facebook Pixel), Twitter (Twitter Pixel) or LinkedIn (LinkedIn Partner) for analytics on our websites.
B.1. Optional Processors
Optional processors are used for certain types of processing with which you expressly agree or otherwise consent to, for instance, when you apply or agree to become a speaker for KotlinConf, interact with KotlinConf’s social media profiles or complete an optional survey. Optional processors include but are not limited to:
- Third-party services for speakers and speaker applications, such as Sessionize, Alchemer or Google (Google Forms);
- Customer quizzes or surveys, such as Alchemer or HotJar;
- Third-party functionalities that process personal data on our websites (analytics, search bars, etc.), such as Google (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Maps), Facebook (Facebook Pixel), Twitter (Twitter Pixel) or LinkedIn (LinkedIn Partner).
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.