Version 1.1, last updated: December 6, 2023
JetBrains Expo B.V. and its associated companies act as joint data controllers, who are jointly responsible for compliance with data protection legislation. JetBrains Expo B.V. is primarily responsible for exercising the rights of data subjects and providing information about data processing.
JetBrains. JetBrains Expo B.V. and the associated companies.
JetBrains Website. Any website that is the property of JetBrains s.r.o., including but not limited to everything hosted under the domains listed at https://www.jetbrains.com/legal/websites/.
KotlinConf. The official event by JetBrains under the name KotlinConf.
KotlinConf Website. The official website of KotlinConf which can be found on https://kotlinconf.com/.
KotlinConf Product(s). Any entrance or activity ticket that provides access to KotlinConf or the related workshops as offered on the KotlinConf Website.
KotlinConf Products and KotlinConf Website may be collectively referred to as “our products and/or services”.
Personal Data means any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Why We Collect Data and What We Collect
a) To provide you with products, services, or information. We may collect data, including your Personal Data, which are required to provide you with our products and/or services, or which are required for processing connected with use of our products and/or services, or information. You explicitly fill in the Personal Data required for you to receive our products and/or services, whether you purchase or use our products and/or services, apply to become a speaker or volunteer for KotlinConf, apply to host a KotlinConf Global event, use our support and/or subscribe to receive marketing and/or technical information and content, or this data is collected in the course of use of KotlinConf Products. We may use third-party service providers, acting as data processors, to assist us in providing our products and/or services to you or in our operations. For example, we may use third-party service providers to facilitate the selling of the KotlinConf Products. With your consent, your Personal Data may also be transferred to third-party service providers, acting as separate data controllers, who provide products and services complementary to our products and/or services (further data processing performed by these service providers is governed by their privacy policies). The legal basis for this data processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
b) To protect us from piracy and unlawful use of our products and/or services. We may collect data which are required to protect us from any piracy, unlawful, or unauthorized use of our products and/or services, or which are necessary to ensure the security of our products and/or services, including both Personal Data provided by you (see above) and data collected in the course of use of our products and/or services. The legal basis for this data processing is JetBrains’ legitimate interest in protection from piracy and unlawful use of our products and/or services.
c) To improve our offerings based on usage. We may collect data which you provided during your purchase of our products and/or services. We do not associate these data with your name. We use these data to better understand the usage patterns of our products and/or services and the behaviors of our collective audience. At times we may share this information in aggregated anonymous form with third parties. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest in improving our products and/or services.
f) To fulfil legal duties stipulated by accounting, taxation, and other laws. We may use and disclose your Personal Data where required by law, such as in keeping and disclosing our accounts, in keeping and disclosing our tax records, and in response to a court order, valid subpoena, or other legal process. The legal basis for this data processing is our compliance with our legal obligations.
You may object to the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes b) to e) at any time.
Categories of data involved in data processing include:
- email address,
- other data (if voluntarily provided),
- cookies (only third-party service providers),
- IP address,
- SSH public key,
- physical address,
- information about payments,
- tax ID,
- data about usage of our products and/or services,
- comments, voluntarily provided feedback, and any data provided in survey responses or applications.
Where appropriate, we will prompt you to give us your consent to the collection and processing of your data as described above. This may happen on KotlinConf Website, or in another environment set up by JetBrains for KotlinConf (such as during the purchase of KotlinConf Products), always in a clear and conspicuous manner. You can manage your Personal Data and opt-outs as described in the Transparency section below.
Our products and/or services are not designed for and are not offered to children under the age of 16. If we discover that a person under the age of 16 has submitted information directly to us, we will endeavor to delete the information from our systems.
We may share your Personal Data with certain third parties which help us provide you with our products and/or services, or to run our business, for example to facilitate the selling of the KotlinConf Products. We may also share your Personal Data with individual representatives of your company.
Your Personal Data may also be shared with other organizations or individuals if we have obtained your consent to do so.
We may also share your Personal Data with certain third parties if we are obliged to do so under applicable legislation (especially with tax authorities or with other government bodies exercising their statutory powers) or if such sharing is necessary to achieve the purposes defined above (especially with government bodies or with parties harmed as a result of violations of applicable laws).
To secure your Personal Data, our products and/or services are designed with security and privacy in mind.
We encrypt your data in transfer and at rest where it is technically feasible. External web resources are protected by SSL encryption.
We review the processes of Personal Data usage before implementing them. This is done to minimize data usage and to make sure that you as the data owner are informed about the processing. When the reason for data storage expires, we remove your Personal Data from our servers or anonymize it for further usage.
Location of Your Information
Data Retention, Withdrawal of Approval, Access to Data and Your Rights
For the KotlinConf Products, you may manage your Personal Data by going to the Order page, if applicable: the link is provided in your order confirmation email. On your Order page, you will see a Change details button. Clicking on it will take you back through the checkout process, where you can change the details of your order. You can also reach out to us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for the correctness of the Personal Data you provide to us. We expect you to check the Personal Data you provide to us and if any inconsistency takes place, update your Personal Data or report the inconsistency to JetBrains.
As permitted by applicable law, EU residents may request a copy of the information that we hold about them. To do so, please contact email@example.com. We may charge a fee in accordance with applicable law for this service.
Moreover, as set out in locally applicable Personal Data protection law, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your Personal Data; (ii) request rectification of your Personal Data; (iii) request erasure of your Personal Data; (iv) request a restriction on the processing of your Personal Data; (v) request Personal Data portability; or (vi) object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right of Access. You may have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to your Personal Data. The information about Personal Data processing includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data have been or will be disclosed, etc. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. Further, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to Rectification. You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Data made complete, in particular by providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten). Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to delete your Personal Data.
- Right to a Restriction of Processing. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. In this case, the respective Personal Data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to Personal Data portability. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit these Personal Data to another entity.
- Right to Object. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Data by us and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data.
These rights can be exercised via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact JetBrains to get up-to-date information about your Personal Data processing and any Personal Data recipients.
You may lodge a complaint related to the processing of your personal data with the competent data protection supervisory authority, i.e. in the Netherlands the Authority Personal Data (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), with its visiting address at Hoge Nieuwstraat 8, 2514 EL Den Haag, phone number: +31 (0)70 8888 500. For more information, please visit https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
Changes to this Policy